I am very excited to be hosting the first 2016 Carnival of Aces, which is also my first time to be host!
The “Carnival of Aces” is a blogging carnival where each month people are invited to write on a specific topic that is related to asexuality/the ace spectrum in some way.
(Also, vloggers are invited to speak on the topic in videos, artists/poets invited to be inspired by the topic, etc — whatever format you wish to participate with, please, use that format.)
I played around with a lot of ideas for topics that I am interested in reading other perspectives/experiences about, and it was hard to decide on just one. But I think I’ve finally chosen “Relationship Stages” for January and maybe I can host more in the future with the other topics I thought of.
I know there have already been several carnival topics revolving around “relationships” but I want to draw attention to a specific aspect. The main idea that drew me to this topic was I’m curious to hear more about other people’s thoughts on/experiences with “flirting” and on even just getting started on potential partnership relationships, but obviously the topic is open to things beyond that. So potentially people can post and have conversations on
- What is flirting? What does it look like? Can you recognize it? How does it make you feel?
- If you want a specific kind of relationship, how do you go about looking for someone(s) to develop that kind of relationship with?
- What do you do to get a know a person?
- Do you go looking to start a specific relationship intentionally or do you wait to see if it happens serendipitously?
- What kind of stages are there as your relationship develops? Is “stages” even a helpful concept when thinking about the development of relationships?
- Do you start off with an ideal image of your relationship member(s) or are you just open to seeing what works?
- Do you talk about the “state” of your relationship with the involved member(s) often? Why or why not?
- How do you know when you are getting “closer” to someone? How do you know when someone is feeling “closer” to you? What happens when you feel differently from each other?
- What are signs that a relationship is growing distant? How do you handle the situation?
- How does being in one kind of relationship affect your other relationships? How does the development of one kind of relationship affect the development of your other relationships?
- and anything else that the topic generates ideas on!
*Note that these topics apply to anything under the umbrella term “relationship”: friendship, queerplatonic friendship, queerplatonic partnership, romantic, polyamorous partnerships, whatever.
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions or concerns.
To submit your entry, either leave a comment below with your link or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to post anonymously, let me know and I will copy and paste text from an email into a Guest post on my blog.
I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone shares!